Sunday, December 4, 2011

Knitting, but not Today

Last night I stayed up late and finished a beautiful (I hope) shawl knit with beautiful Malibrigo (I know) sock yarn. Today I was going to soak it and block it but I just didn't get to it. Anyone who has knit lace knows that if I post a photo now it will just look like a purple lump of tangled wool. The blocking deserves attention so it will have to wait until next weekend.

Last week I finished one of two socks knit out of left-over stash yarn. I used the Bendigo 4 ply for another project and had bits of three balls left-over so my brother will get a pair of socks. These aren't a Christmas present, just socks. But who wants to post a picture of one sock?

I am also madly crocheting away on the big blanket for my friend's 60th coming up in February. I love the way it looks and it is about 2/3rds finished. I'll be very proud of it when it is done and will absolutely post a picture when it is.

Lots of knitting but no photos.

Today I made some more aprons. I got the pattern from Sweetwater's Simple Home book. I really love this book and plan to make more projects from it.



These are late Birthday presents for two friends in the states. I hope they like them. They were a lot of fun to sew. I have turned my study desk into the sewing table for December and January until uni starts again. I have a couple of projects ready and I also will be sewing some pants for myself.



A couple of weeks ago I sewed a shirt for myself and when I went to trim a seam I cut a huge hole right in the front. I'm not sure how to save it - I was so disgusted I just folded it up and stuck it in a plastic bag to look at later.

I am so looking forward to sewing and knitting with abandon over the next couple of months. I am taking 3 weeks off over Christmas but I am not giving myself any sort of list of things to get done in that time. I always feel so guilty when I don't accomplish all I said I would. I will make a list each morning of things I would LIKE to do on the day, but they will just be suggestions. I'll just see how I go.

No comments: